Light of Christ
About the Emblem:
The purpose is to help the Cub Scout develop a personal relationship with Jesus. With the parents' active assistance and participation in this program, it is hoped that the Cub will come to see Jesus as a real person and his friend.
- To support the role of the parents as the primary catechists of their children.
- To have the Scout identify Jesus as a real person and as his friend.
- To foster early family religious involvement.
- To be a stepping stone toward the Parvuli Dei and the other religious emblems, when the parents are involved.
- To serve as a catalyst to draw the parents into a deeper involvement with the church, through the child.
- Registered 6 and 7 year old (Tiger or Wolf) Cub Scout of Catholic Faith.
- Each Cub have his own Activity Book
- The book is designed for the Cub and his parent or guardian to work together.
- Diocesan and BSA Youth Protection policies must be followed.
- Emblem Books may be obtained most economically and quickly from the local BSA Council Service Center Scout Shops or online at www.scoutstuff.org or contact email@example.com at the Diocese of Rochester
- Although the book could be completed in four to six hours, the goal of earning a religious emblem is to help the Cub develop a personal relationship with Jesus, so it is suggested that steps be spread over several weeks. This will help the cub understand that this is a long-term commitment, not a one-time project.
- Actively work on the activities with his parents or guardians.
- Keep the Religious Emblems Coordinator (Pastor, Youth Minister or Faith Formation Director) informed of his progress.
- Actively work on the activities with their son. He may need your help with Bible readings and getting information.
- Keep the Religious Emblems Coordinator (Pastor, Youth Minister, or Faith Formation Director) informed of the Cub's progress.
- Parent Guide Resource.
- When a Cub completes all steps, he is to present the book to his parish priest or the priest's representative and the book is reviewed with the Cub.
After the pastor or his representative signs the book and the application form, only the application form, order form and check need to be sent to:
Diocese of Rochester
c/o Alison LeChase
Diocesan Liaison for Catholic Scouting
1150 Buffalo Road
Rochester, NY 14624
- Once the application is received and approved further instructions on how to obtain the religious emblem will be mailed to you with details about the emblem presentation on February 3, 2018.
- Scouts who earn this Religious Emblem are also entitled to wear a BSA Religious Knot over their left pocket. These knots are to presented at the Parish level and will not be presented at the Celebration of Catholic Scouting.
2018 Celebration of Catholic Scouting Religious Emblems
February 3, 2018
Sacred Heart Cathedral